Monday, September 4, 2017

Blogging


This has become less and less a social venue for me over the years, and more just a record of my reading.  And it remains that, but I've become worse and worse about keeping up. 

The reasons for this are numerous.

  1. My personal computer is old and was taking longer and longer to start and update and secure before use.
  2. Using my work computer meant I was mixing in work (emails, etc.) when I was was supposed to be off (whether on lunch/dinner or done for the day). 
  3. The other PC I have access to was being monopolized by kiddos or my parents.
  4. I'd become distracted  (no matter which computer I used) by other things (Facebook, etc.) which are total time-sucks and likely to rile me up or cause me to feel down.
  5. I just cannot feel comfortable doing this on any device - Kindle Fire, iPhone, etc. 
  6. Time spent on this is time taken away from everything else - reading, catching up on TV shows, time with family.

I can't just stop recording my reading, because that causes trouble.  And yet... So I may just end up slapping lists of books in here.  Hopefully with some comments for memory's sake, but potentially just title and author.  Then there will at least be some record, somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.