Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Touch

Title: Touch

Author: Michelle Sagara [Website][Facebook][Twitter] aka Michelle Sagara West aka Michelle West

Publisher: Daw Books

Series: Queen of the Dead, Bk 2

ISBN: 9780756408008

Length: 325 pages

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

I read the first book in this series for the Canadian Book Challenge 6.  I immediately requested this one.  It took over a year to actually get it from the time of my request.  But I did, and it qualifies for the 7th annual Canadian Book Challenge since Michelle Sagara is Canadian.

Comments:

It's been so long since I read the first book in the series, it took me a bit to catch up.  I just read my comments on the first book, Silence, to reacquaint myself with it before writing this.

Like the first book, this one started in first person then switched to third person for most of the book.  I think this one is told from more perspectives (as in more characters), but I could be remembering incorrectly. 

Definitely there is less focus on Emma in this one even though she plays a monumental role in what is happening.  Basically the Queen of the Dead is stirring up more trouble, Emma needs to help a young boy ghost who was abandoned to the elements, necromancers are causing trouble and attempting to kill innocent bystanders, and Emma is forced to confront her feeling about her late boyfriend, seeing as his ghost is back and in the mix.  But I say there is  less focus on Emma because more of the story is based around her friends and others in their group.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the third book, Grave.  I hope there is less time between books so I don't forget quite so much.  It would be a shame to loose some of the momentum this book ended with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.